We are excited to have you and your child become active participants in our district's educational program and look forward to working together in supporting your child!
Kindergarten and Elementary School Registration
Kindergarten Registrations are taking place at Kindergarten Countdown Nights at your home schools in February. Beginning March 6, open registrations will take place in your home schools.
When registering for Kindergarten or elementary age students, please bring the required* completed forms to your child’s “home school” along with the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency (such as a driver's license, utility bill, or lease agreement)
If you are uncertain which school is your “home school”, please call 671-8121 for information. If you have any other Kindergarten questions, please call 671-8181.
These forms must be filled out (Required*):
- Student Registration Form (Grades K-5)
- Transportation Form
- Request for Student Records (for students entering grades 1 to 5)
- Concussion Awareness
- Student Residency Statement
- Home Language Survey - Spanish-English
The following forms may be applicable for you:
We will accept School of Choice and Building Choice forms for 2016-2017 beginning March 7th, 2016 and will continue until school begins in September. Notification of acceptance of School or Choice and Building Choice requests will begin the week of June 20th.
- Application for Building Choice
- Application for School of Choice
- Indian Education Program – Title VII Student Eligibility Certification
- Special Education Transfer Student – Parent Permission
These documents are for informational purposes:
The registration packet can be turned into the Student Services Office at 910 N. Walnut St., Bay City, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. If you have any questions regarding elementary age registration, you may call Student Services at 989.671.8121.
Middle School / High School Registration Information
- Registration information for Handy Middle School: 989.671.3803
- Registration information for Western Middle School: 989.662.0418
- Registration information for Central High School 989.891.0605
- Registration information for Western High School: 989.662.0403
Bay City Public Schools is a place where: All students graduate having successfully attained the necessary core skills of reading, writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and world language. Read more...
Our Mission: To provide each student with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to assure success!