Innovation, Opportunity and ExcellenceThis is how we define our philosophy in preparing our students to be the next generation of leaders in our world. Our mission is clear: Provide each student with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to assure success. To achieve this, we offer one of the largest selections of programs and services in the region for all ages including:
Involved ParentsIt is a well known fact that when parents are involved in their children's education, those children are successful. We encourage parents to help us by:
Monitoring their children's education including completion of homework assignments and tracking academic progress throughout the school year.Providing us with feedback on how we are providing for their children's education.
The Right ChoiceBay City Public Schools is the right choice with highly qualified teachers and dedicated staff assisting students in meeting their educational needs.
Our graduates receive millions of dollars in scholarship awards annually including the Bay Commitment Scholarship where each year over 50 high school students receive $2,000 for each of two years to attend either Delta College or Saginaw Valley State University.
Our PledgeOur pledge to our parents is that we will:
Graduate all students with the necessary core skills of reading, writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and foreign language.
Provide each student with a well rounded education beyond the basic skills through exploration and training in areas of interest including art, music, drama, industrial arts, as well as social and personal skills for good citizenship.
- Western HS Warriors led all Bay County high schools this year with an average SAT score of 1054!
- Many thanks to Rotary Club of Bay City for their $9,000 donation from the summer golf scramble for student electronics.
- Coach Morley Fraser celebrated his 200th Win.
- October is National Principals Month!
- Western's Equestrian Team took a 2nd Place at the Regional Competition.
- Matt Reid, Central HS, selected to receive the BCPS Make a Difference Award
- Gina Anderson, Kolb Elementary, selected to receive the BCPS Make a Difference Award
- Bridgette Clements, Handy MS, selected to receive the BCPS Make a Difference Award.
- Craig Windt, Central High School, was named the 2016 Patricia Behring Teacher of the Year in Michigan!
- Washington Elementary received a $308,000 Michigan Health Endowment Fund Grant!
Welcome to the 2016-17 School Year!
We encourage you to get involved with your child’s education in any format you can. We are partners in making sure your child gets the best education possible. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact your child’s school. We are all here to ensure every student is successful.
The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth.
- John F. Kennedy
November Board Meeting +Monday, November 14, 2016 at 7:15pm – Hampton Elementary School
November 22nd +Tuesday, November 22: AM Session Only
No School November 8th +Tuesday, November 8: Non School Day
Bay City Public Schools is a place where: All students graduate having successfully attained the necessary core skills of reading, writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and world language. Read more...
Our Mission: To provide each student with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to assure success!