Innovation, Opportunity and ExcellenceThis is how we define our philosophy in preparing our students to be the next generation of leaders in our world. Our mission is clear: Provide each student with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to assure success. To achieve this, we offer one of the largest selections of programs and services in the region for all ages including:
Involved ParentsIt is a well known fact that when parents are involved in their children's education, those children are successful. We encourage parents to help us by:
Monitoring their children's education including completion of homework assignments and tracking academic progress throughout the school year.Providing us with feedback on how we are providing for their children's education.
The Right ChoiceBay City Public Schools is the right choice with highly qualified teachers and dedicated staff assisting students in meeting their educational needs.
Our graduates receive millions of dollars in scholarship awards annually including the Bay Commitment Scholarship where each year over 50 high school students receive $2,000 for each of two years to attend either Delta College or Saginaw Valley State University.
Our PledgeOur pledge to our parents is that we will:
Graduate all students with the necessary core skills of reading, writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and foreign language.
Provide each student with a well rounded education beyond the basic skills through exploration and training in areas of interest including art, music, drama, industrial arts, as well as social and personal skills for good citizenship.
- Congratulations Dick Harmon, retired WHS teacher, for his induction into the Northwood University Athletic Hall of Fame!
- Congratulations Ed Clements for his induction into the Northwood University Athletic Hall of Fame!
- Western HS Warriors led all Bay County high schools this year with an average SAT score of 1054!
- Many thanks to Rotary Club of Bay City for their $9,000 donation from the summer golf scramble for student electronics.
- Coach Morley Fraser celebrated his 200th Win.
- Western's Equestrian Team took a 2nd Place at the Regional Competition.
- Matt Reid, Central HS, selected to receive the BCPS Make a Difference Award
- Gina Anderson, Kolb Elementary, selected to receive the BCPS Make a Difference Award
- Bridgette Clements, Handy MS, selected to receive the BCPS Make a Difference Award.
- Craig Windt, Central High School, was named the 2016 Patricia Behring Teacher of the Year in Michigan!
We Give Our Thanks
Due to recent events, I know that school safety is very much on your minds. We want to assure you that the safety of our students and staff remains of the highest priority. We have a District safety plan in place and we continue to review protocols when warranted. Please be assured that the safety of our students and staff is our paramount concern.
If you’ve had the opportunity to read some of our BCPS Spotlight editions, you will have noticed the many wonderful activities that are taking place throughout the District. This is, in part, due to the many community partnerships the Bay City Public Schools have been very fortunate to have developed over the years. We greatly appreciate these partnerships because they are integral to assisting our students’ achievement levels.
In addition, we are very thankful for our dedicated staff members who make great efforts to implement new initiatives throughout the school year – whether they are purely instructional, extracurricular or just plain filled with fun. They make a difference each and every day with our students’ ability to succeed.
Also, essential to our students’ success, are the parents of our District as well as the exceptional host of volunteers that make it all come together. If you are inclined to jump on board, please feel free to contact our school principals for more information.
Bay City Public Schools is a place where: All students graduate having successfully attained the necessary core skills of reading, writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and world language. Read more...
Our Mission: To provide each student with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to assure success!